Development Proposal for 59 McLaughlin Road North
We are pleased to share with you our plans as we begin the rezoning process to permit the construction of thirteen, two and three-story townhomes at 59 McLaughlin Road North (just north of Amsterdam Crescent) in the City of Brampton.
What are we planning?
- We are proposing one three-story buiding and three two-story buidings for a total of 13 ownership units in the form of townhomes.
- To ensure that the property complements the neighbouring area, we will be using high-quality building materials and planting new trees and native plants.
- We will be minimizing the noise and light from vehivle movement with an interior private driveway and providing 20 parking spaces for residents and visit.
Proposed Site Plan
Who will live there?
To qualify for homeownership with Habitat GTA, a partner family must meet the following criteria:
- They must be currently living in unsafe, unhealthy, overcrowded housing;
- They must have a demonstrated track record of employment in order to be able to carry a modest mortgage, and;
- They must be willing to volunteer 500 "sweat equity" hours to help build their own home, other Habitat homes, or volunteering in our ReStores or with events.
Like all other homeowners, these families will pay property taxes while building home equity. In general, after homeownership, Habitat families experience improved health, improved educational outcomes for their children, increased family incomes and other benefits arising from living in safe, decent homes.
What happens next?
We are committed to keeping you informed of our schedule. Please visit this site periodically for project updates.
For any concerns regarding the planning process, your point of contact is Alex MacMillan, Project Coordinator. He can be reached at email@example.com or 905-455-0883 x228.