join our board
Be part of a dynamic group of highly talented, dedicated and accomplished individuals, from a variety of relevant sectors, who are committed to helping Habitat GTA accomplish its mission.
what it means to be a board member
Our 15-member Board of Directors provides guidance and leadership on the strategic direction of Habitat for Humanity GTA. To be eligible, applicants must live, work or volunteer in our catchment area of Brampton, Caledon, Toronto or York Region and be willing to make a financial contribution to Habitat for Humanity GTA at a level that is personally meaningful. The Habitat for Humanity Board of Directors is fully insured for liability and is governed by a Conflict of Interest Policy.
interested in becoming a board member?
There are currently no openings on our Board, but check back for updates as positions are posted here. We’ve outlined below some general criteria for joining the Board.
Individuals with experience in the following areas:
- Retail Management
- Real Estate
- Government Relations, in particular, Housing Policies
- Marketing and Communications
We also strive for a diversity of perspectives on our Board and welcome individuals who:
- Reflect the diversity of York Region, Brampton-Caledon and Toronto
- Are Immigrants/Newcomers to Canada
- Have lived experience with poverty and substandard housing
- 2-year renewable Term, starting May 2017
- Various Locations within Habitat GTA’s catchment area of Toronto, Brampton, Caledon and York Region
- Time commitment of 5-10 hours per Month
how to apply
If you are applying for an available position, please complete and submit our application form with a copy of your current resume.
For more information, please
Not interested in serving on our board, but still want to be involved in how we operate?