Garrison Point Condominiums
Habitat for Humanity GTA in partnership with the City of Toronto is able to offer a rare opportunity for working, lower-income families to buy and live in a newly built two-bedroom condominium unit in the Liberty Village area of Toronto.
If you are family of up to 4 people with at least one child under the age of 16 with a household income of less than $90,500 (including both your employment income, Child Tax Benefit, and other relevant income) you may be able to qualify and become a homeowner in Liberty Village.
Through our unique homeownership program, families have the opportunity to:
- Live in a newly-built condominium building in downtown Toronto
- Keep housing costs low (below 32% of gross household income)
- Build equity through homeownership
- Provide a stable place to raise their children
- Enable your family to obtain an affordable mortgage through Habitat GTA’s unique homeownership program
More information on this project
Located near the Liberty Village area, the Garrison Point project has 16 units available for Habitat GTA homeowners.
- Unit sizes range from 647 – 986 square feet
- All units are two-bedroom and can accommodate up to 4 people
- Close to TTC, Go Transit, parks, schools, and other amenities
- Target occupancy for these units is in summer 2019.
Criteria to qualify
To be considered for one of these 16 Garrison Point homes, families must meet Habitat GTA’s Homeownership criteria:
- Living in core housing need – Family must be experiencing one or more of the dimensions of core housing need, including unsafe, unhealthy, overcrowded or unaffordable housing conditions.
- Willing to partner – A family must be willing to volunteer 500 hours of sweat equity, attend a series of workshops and information sessions on homeownership with Habitat GTA, and take part in initiatives that help forward our mission.
- Able to pay a mortgage – Families must have a reliable source of income, and show a stable income history with limited debt, and demonstrate their ability to pay ongoing mortgage payments and other housing costs.
- Other qualifications – Have at least one child under the age of 17; cannot have previously owned a home.
All 16 units will be assigned by the end of November 2018 and there are several steps to the application process so apply fast!
Get started by checking to see if your family may be eligible to own one of the Garrison Point units, or other future Habitat projects. To do so, please complete this eligibility questionnaire. If you qualify, you will receive an email from Habitat for Humanity explaining how to get started on the application process.
Visit our homeownership page to find out more about how Habitat for Humanity makes owning a home possible for families who would not otherwise be able to qualify for am mortgage.
Additional questions can be addressed to email@example.com.