volunteer as a group
There are a number of meaningful and fun ways to volunteer as a group of five or more individuals.
volunteer as a corporate group
Habitat for Humanity GTA offers a unique way for companies to give back to the community, while re-energizing their employees by building together during one of our Habitat Team Build Days. Equally rewarding, you can also volunteer alongside a Habitat family at one of our ReStores for the day!
volunteer as a community or faith group
Whether building together, helping plan events or hosting your own community event, there are great opportunities for non-corporate community and faith groups to volunteer together and give back, by helping us build more homes for families.
volunteer with your school or youth group
Interested in having your school or youth group build with Habitat for Humanity GTA? We offer great hands-on student volunteer opportunities, both on our build sites and at Habitat ReStore, which provide tangible experiences that drive home the importance of community involvement.
Very important: Please read all of the information below to ensure that your group is eligible to build before contacting our office to schedule your group.
• We accept school groups of 10 or 20 people
• Students must be at least 16 years of age or older to volunteer on a build site
• For every 5 students between the ages of 16 – 18, there must be at least one adult (over the age of 21) chaperoning and building with them (i.e.15 students requires 3 adults)
• *A “Minor Waiver” must be signed by a parent or guardian for each participating student between the ages of 16-18 on the build site.
• A “Waiver” must be signed by each adult (18 years or older) in the group
• To volunteer at a ReStore, students must be at least 14 years of age or older and must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Students 16-17 years can volunteer without a parent/guardian present, but require a signed parental waiver form
• Event volunteers must be at least 16 year of age
*NOTE: All “Minor Waivers” must be signed by a parent with their signature and each participant must have his/her signed waiver with them when they arrive at the build site. If Waivers are not completed, the individual may not be permitted to build or fulfill their ReStore volunteer shift.
help us fundraise
Habitat for Humanity GTA relies on the generosity of individual and corporate donors to fund the construction of our homes. We encourage all build volunteer groups to set a fundraising goal of $100 per person. We make it easy to fundraise by providing your school or community group with your own personalized online fundraising page to use to reach out to your colleagues, friends and family and request that they sponsor your volunteer efforts. If you prefer, we can also provide printed pledge forms.