join our team
why work at Habitat for Humanity GTA?
If making a difference in the world is important to you, Habitat for Humanity Greater Toronto Area may be the right place for you. We engage communities to build safe, decent and affordable homes, offering a hand up to working, low-income families in Toronto, Brampton, Caledon and York Region. We also operate 10 Habitat ReStores across the GTA, which offer a variety of rewarding positions in retail.
Our work culture
As part of a globally recognized non-profit housing organization working to alleviate poverty through affordable homeownership across 70 countries, Habitat for Humanity GTA enjoys a highly recognizable, positive brand reputation.
Our diverse, passionate and dedicated team of friendly staff and volunteers come from a variety of disciplines and are driven by a common mission to help others build a better life through our unique affordable homeownership program.
A set of Guiding Principles motivates our staff in their daily work and drives us all to achieve our best:
- Get more families into homes
- Be Extraordinary
- Lead to succeed
- Teamwork: It’s in our DNA
- Grounded in Inclusion
- Lift each other up
other reasons you want to work with us:
- Strong commitment to our mission and living our values
- A diverse workforce and inclusive culture
- Great opportunities for professional growth
- Demonstrated commitment to a healthy and safe work environment
- Comprehensive compensation and benefits
- With three business offices and multiple build sites and Habitat ReStore locations in Toronto, Brampton and York region, we offer work location flexibility, where possible, to minimize commutes and maximize productivity.