donate stuff to ReStore
There are three easy ways to donate your great stuff to ReStore!
Your donation makes a difference
Moving or downsizing and have items you no longer need? Planning a home renovation or is it just time to de-clutter and renew your space? Instead of tossing your unwanted household items, donate them to Habitat ReStore and do something good for your community and the environment!
When you donate items to ReStore, you’re helping Habitat for Humanity GTA achieve its mission to build safe, decent homes for working, low-income families, through our unique affordable homeownership program. You’re also helping the environment by enabling ReStore to recycle perfectly re-usable household items and provide them with a second home, reducing your environmental footprint!
Find out what items we accept at ReStore
Choose one of 3 ways to donate:
1. Drop off your donation at any ReStore location
- Drop offs can only be done during store hours. Please check individual ReStore locations for hours of operation
- We accept a range of new and gently-used household items. Check our list of acceptable items for details.
- Please don’t leave items outside our stores after hours!
2. Schedule a FREE pick-up
- For your larger, multi-item donations, request a donation pick-up. One of our friendly team of drivers will come to your home or office to pick up your items and deliver them to a local ReStore, where we sell them at assessed value.
- We receive a high number of requests for donation pick-ups and therefore not all will qualify for the service. We will notify you once we have reviewed your submission. Please ensure you have quality photos of your items to upload in the request.
- For donations over $150, you will receive a charitable tax receipt for the assessed value of your item(s).
- Your donations help Habitat for Humanity GTA build homes in partnership with communities and families in need of affordable housing.
To schedule a date for donation pick-up, call us, email us, or complete the donation form below:
3. Book a home or office deconstructionAt ReStore, we accept donations of everything from windows and doors to bathtubs and entire kitchens! For whole home or very large renovation items:
Not sure if your donation is eligible for pick-up or deconstruction?Our team can determine if your item is for drop off, pick up, or for appraisal and deconstruction. Send us your photos with your online donation form. And, if needed, we’ll come to your home and provide you with an estimated value for your donation. We’ll then schedule a pick-up or deconstruction date that fits with your timing.
Question? Here’s how to reach us: