what it means to partner with us
Do you dream of owning your own home? Habitat for Humanity GTA may be able to help!
We partner with working, lower income families living in the GTA to help them build and buy their own decent, affordable home through a unique affordable homeownership solution.
introduction to ownership criteria
The following are Habitat GTA's requirements in order to join the homeownership program.read more read less
Ability to pay a mortgage
Habitat for Humanity GTA does not give homes away for free. Families must demonstrate their ability to pay a mortgage back to Habitat for Humanity GTA.read more read less
Need for affordable housing
Habitat for Humanity GTA homeowners are selected, in large part, based on their level of need. Families will be considered for a Habitat home if their present housing is not adequate and if they are unable to afford adequate housing through other conventional means.read more read less
Willingness to partner
Each family selected for homeownership with Habitat for Humanity GTA becomes a partner with us in the journey toward affordable homeownership. Habitat families are considered our greatest ambassadors and as such are asked to help us with a variety of initiatives that advance our mission.read more read less
How to start the process?
Step 1: Fill out eligibility Questionnaire
Interested families are encouraged to fill out our Eligibility Questionnaire
Step 2: Attend information sessions
Depending on build availability and family qualifications, potentially qualified families will be invited to “Information Sessions” where Habitat GTA representatives will share details (locations, projected costs, etc.) about current builds which are available for recruitment.
- you will only be contacted IF you meet eligibility criteria for specific builds, and WHEN we have units available to accommodate your family.
- you must ensure that you have filled out the eligibility questionnaire correctly and completely.
Step 3: Receive application forms
At the Information Sessions, families will be provided with formal application forms. Application forms will only ever be given out at information sessions.
Step 4: Submit filled out application forms
- Application forms can be submitted to any of Habitat GTA’s offices.
- Only 100% completed application forms will be reviewed.
- Application forms submitted must be the originals received at Information Sessions – no photocopies will be reviewed.
Step 5: Await response in writing
- You will receive an Acknowledgement Letter within 2 weeks of submitting your application form.
- Depending on the number of applicants and the complexity of your application, you may be required to wait up to 3 months for a formal review of your application to be completed.
- You will receive a response as to whether or not you’ve been accepted into our program in writing.
our homeownership locations
Find out more about our current Toronto builds.
Find out more about our current Brampton/Caledon builds.