At Habitat for Humanity GTA, we are a community that cares about one another, and our first and foremost concern is keeping our staff, volunteers, donors, Habitat homeowners, and ReStore customers safe and informed.
During these rapidly changing times, we encourage everyone to take care of themselves and their families, and follow all precautions recommended by public health care authorities. We as an organization are taking the necessary measures to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 within our operations.
Offices & build sites:
- We will be closing our offices and active build sites from March 16 until March 30th, and encouraging staff and volunteers to practice social distancing while working from home.
- We have made the decision to close all 13 of our Habitat ReStore locations effective 6pm March 16th until March 30th.
- We will reassess the situation in the days leading up to March 30th to determine next steps, which will be communicated on our ReStore website.
- During this ReStore closure, we will not be accepting donations at our store nor operating our trucks for pickups and deconstructions.
- Please hold on to your donations during our closure dates, we look forward to accepting them when we reopen.
We will be paying close attention to directives from all levels of government and the recommendations of the Public Health Agency of Canada, Public Health Ontario, and Toronto Public Health, and will be making decisions and adjusting our courses of action accordingly.
We thank you for your patience during this time of uncertainty. Our executive team is in constant contact around the ever changing situation, and our staff and volunteers continue to work diligently from home to help families realize the strength, stability, and self-reliance of homeownership.
While we may be physically distancing ourselves for now, we’re counting the days until we can see you all again!